November is Membership Month!
With 15 performances this month, November demonstrates the variety and caliber of events that Cal Performances brings to the Bay Area community each season with the help of our Friends. Your gift to the annual fund helps us to raise the curtain on outstanding performances and provides thousands of schoolchildren and others with inspiring Education & Community Programs.
Become a Friend. Get Benefits.
Membership will enhance your experience of Cal Performances' Season and strengthen your personal connection to Cal Performances. Show your support for the performing arts by joining or renewing your membership in the Friends of Cal Performances with a gift of $100 before November 30, and enjoy these great benefits for the coming year including:
- Invitation to the 2015 Friends Post-Performance Reception
- Early ordering privileges for the 2015/16 season
- Subscription to Cal Performances' Email Club to receive special discount ticket offers
- Additional benefits are available at higher levels of giving
Season Celebration with Irvin Mayfield and the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra
Sun, Nov 16, immediately following the 7 pm performance
Zellerbach Hall Mezzanine
Donors at the $1,000 level or greater
Toast to Cal Performances' 2014/15 Season with your fellow supporters alongside Irvin Mayfield and members of the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra. Join us to celebrate the season that you helped make possible!
Open Rehearsal with Paul Dresher Electro-Acoustic Band and Amy X Neuburg
Donors at the $450 level or greater
Thursday, December 4, 11:30 am
Rsvp to Jamie McClave at socialcalperformances.org or 510.642.8395
Catch this special opportunity to hear from the artists directly about the new works they will perform at Cal Performances. Neuburg and Dresher commissioned 10 composers to create songs inspired by Diane Arbus's Guggenheim grant application, American Rites, Manners and Customs. Arbus proposed to photograph everyday people, places, and routines, which to generations of the future "will have been so beautiful." Each composer found or created a photograph or series of images, ranging from intimate self-portraits to stark landscapes that spoke to him or her in this regard, and used the images as inspiration for the music.
Thank You Gifts
Drinks on Us!
Join or renew your gift during the month of November and we will send you 2 complimentary drink vouchers redeemable at Café Zellerbach at Zellerbach Hall.
A Love Letter to New Orleans
When you upgrade to the next level or join at the $225 level during the month of November we will thank you with this official recording of Irvin Mayfield's A Love Letter to New Orleans. Just check the box on your renewal form you receive in the mail, or request in the notes section when you make your gift online. Contact the development office for more details 510.643.8783.
Tickets to Chitresh Das Dance Company
Sunday, March 29, 3 pm
Rsvp to Jamie McClave at social calperformances.org or 510.642.8395 All donors who renew or join with a gift of $100 or more during the month of November are offered up to 2 complimentary tickets to the performance on a first come, first served basis.* To purchase additional tickets, please contact the ticket office at 510.642.9988
* This offer is good for current Friends of Cal Performances or Producer's Circle members only. Ticket requests must be received by March 20 and specific seating requests (other than ADA needs) cannot be accommodated. All tickets will be held at will call and are available for pick-up an hour and a half before the performance; photo ID is required. Tickets cannot be transferred and/or exchanged for this event; no refunds on previously purchased tickets for this event. Offer is subject to availability.