Lower Sproul Plaza has reopened!
The bandages are off. While some construction is still ongoing through September in the area, Lower Sproul Plaza's facelift is almost complete. This means that it will be much easier for our patrons to reach Zellerbach Hall this season.
Here's the good news:
- Access to Zellerbach Hall is once again available from Bancroft Ave, both through the breezeway at the newly built Eshelman Hall and from the Telegraph Ave/Bancroft Ave. intersection.
- The Student Union parking garage (renamed Lower Sproul Lot) below Zellerbach has reopened.
- Patrons can be dropped off at the loading zone area along Bancroft Way and access Zellerbach via a short walk through the Eshelman building breezeway.
- Cal Performances will have staff available at the performances to point the way to the hall.
In addition, please note:
- Due to the opened access to the hall directly from Bancroft Ave, golf cart shuttle service running from the entrance of Spieker Plaza to Zellerbach Hall will not be available this season.
- The Tang Center parking lot has closed. You can find other parking options here.
General Parking Information
Parking is usually difficult to find near curtain time. Please plan to arrive in Berkeley 30-40 minutes prior to an event to ensure that you are in your seat before the curtain rises.
And occasionally, two or more events occur on the same day or evening on the UCB campus which can make finding a parking space even more challenging. Please see Parking Alerts or the specific event page for updates on known possible parking conflicts.
The following is a suggested list of parking lots near our venues:
1. Lower Sproul Lot (formerly MLK Student Union Garage)
Bancroft Way near Telegraph Avenue, under Zellerbach Hall
2. Recreational Sports Facility (RSF) Garage
Bancroft Way at Ellsworth Avenue
3. Bancroft/Fulton Lot
Bancroft Way between Ellsworth Avenue and Fulton Street
4. Dana/Durant Lot
Dana Street near Bancroft Way, across from Zellerbach Hall
5. & 6. Telegraph-Channing Garage
Entrances on Durant Avenue and Channing Street, between Telegraph Avenue and Dana Street
7. Bancroft Structure
Bancroft Way between College Avenue and Bowditch Street
Half price parking at the Telegraph-Channing garage (5. & 6.) with $5 minimum purchase validation from one of the participating Telegraph Ave. area restaurants listed here.
Donor Parking Information
If you have reserved parking, note that until Sep 20 your parking is located in the Dana-Durant Lot just across Bancroft Avenue from Zellerbach Hall (see map). The Lower Sproul Lot (formerly MLK Student Union Garage) reopens Sep 21.
If you did not receive replacement parking vouchers for your MLK Student Union Garage parking reservations please contact us at 510.642.8653 and we will be happy to assist you. There are no changes to reservations at the Bancroft Lot for performances in Hertz Hall, or at the Dana-Durant Lot for performances at the First Congregational Church.
Reserved parking is a benefit we offer in appreciation of our donors at the Benefactor level and above. Learn more about this and other membership benefits.