Cal Performances Venue Rental

Welcome to the venue rental program at Cal Performances. If you’re interested in renting a venue in Berkeley for your event, we offer professional venues and services to the UC Berkeley campus and our off-campus community. With our flexible spaces, beautiful settings, and prime locations on the UC Berkeley campus, our venues are ideal for a wide variety of special events, meetings, shows and concerts at competitive rental rates. Our professional staff, with decades of experience, will ensure each event is successful. Explore the information here and then get in touch to find out how we can help to create your perfect event.

Venues Available for Rent

Zellerbach Hall front plaza

UC Berkeley’s largest indoor performance facility and home of the Cal Performances, seating nearly 2000.

Wheeler Auditorium

700 seat theatre with versatility adept to take on the most intimate to most festive event, screening or lecture.

Zellerbach Playhouse

400 seat intimate theatre with incredible sight lines and unique flexible seating abilities.

Greek Theatre

Award winning, longest-running outdoor amphitheater in the country with iconic views nestled into the Berkeley hills with a capacity of up to 8,000.

Rental Rates and Policies

Rentals at Cal Performances have been established to build and collaborate with our community beyond the UC Berkeley campus. We offer competitive market pricing and non-profit rates. Because we are a part of UC Berkeley we are governed by the campus policies & procedures.

Berkeley Campus Regulations

All events are required to abide by the Berkeley Campus Regulations (BCRs) at all times. BCRs govern aspects of campus organizations and non-affiliates, use of University facilities, and time, place, and manner of public expression for which implementing campus regulations are required by the University Policies.
Berkeley Campus Regulations >

Major Event Policy

This policy will be explained and reviewed by our Operations team. You can review the policy and learn more regarding the policy requirements.
Campus Major Event Policy (PDF)

Campus Major Events Policy Update – Event Services >

Liquor License

The in house caterer for our venues obtains all rights to serve and sell alcohol within our venues. While a buyout can be arranged an application to serve alcohol must be completed and approved on campus prior to your event. Risk Services recommends that campus units or departments hosting events with alcohol hire a caterer with a liquor license and at least $1 million in liquor liability insurance to distribute alcohol at the event. Please see your Event Manager for further assistance.
Application to Serve Alcohol (PDF)

Recharge rentals have been developed on campus to provide our UC Berkeley family with unique and professional spaces to create a variety of events at rates that match your departmental or organizational budgets. Our rental program does not profit from your event. Instead, we charge, at cost, only for the work that needs to be done to make your event a major success.

As a University department or organization there are a variety of policies and procedures that you will need to be aware of when hosting events on campus. If you are an RSO please connect directly with the LEAD Center to review this information and where to locate details within the CalLink network.

Rental Request

Submit the rental inquiry form below to get the conversation going. We’ll respond within 48 hours. Or, if you have general questions, feel free to contact our rental team: events@calperformances.org, 510.612.4495.

Your Contact Information

Event Information

Please provide a detailed description of your event. Include a website URL if applicable.

Production Information

Describe your lighting requirements, such as a follow spot, etc.
Describe your sound requirements, such as audio playback, video that requires sounds, microphone requirements, etc.
Describe what you will need on stage, including items such as a lectern, number of chairs, microphone stands, tables, etc.
Provide details if you will need video or film projection, and any additional equipment you require.

Venue Rental F.A.Q.s

Rental dates are generally released in one-year-advance increments for campus and public use in the spring of the preceding year. Rental dates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may be limited due to the high level of activity in the venues.

Staffing is managed by Cal Performances to ensure the highest safety standards and patron experience required for your event size and production needs. Please work with your Event Manager directly should you need further assistance.

Advanced parking arrangements are necessary to confirm accessible spaces for your event on campus. Your Event Manager will be able to assist you with all parking arrangements and all final costs will be applied to your invoice.

Unfortunately, our calendar of events makes it impossible to accommodate this request. Please work with your Event Manager to arrange shipping and load in accommodations.

The renter is responsible for removal of all items brought in with them, as well as disposal of all trash/recycling generated by their guests. If applicable, your caterer is responsible for removal of catering-related trash/recycling. Porter service and additional custodial assistance can be arranged for a fee with your Event Manager. All venues must be left as you found them.