In buoyant performances that combine the energy of New Orleans swing with the dreamy vocals of radio crooners past, the charismatic young trumpeter and vocalist Bria Skonberg recalls a time, before bebop, when jazz was our nation’s popular music. Skonberg last performed at Cal Performances in April 2019, as part of the dream team from the Monterey Jazz Festival on Tour. Here, in a set recorded at the historic Louis Armstrong House in Queens, NY, she and her quintet perform selections from her latest album, Nothing Never Happens, a mix of hot jazz classics, vintage vocal tunes, original compositions, and fresh new takes on pop songs by the likes of the Beatles, Queen, and Sonny Bono. “Bria Skonberg plays trumpet like a red hot devil and sings like a dream” (The Wall Street Journal).
The pricing for individual Cal Performances at Home performances is on the honor system and is based on the number of people watching the performance.
- Free for Subscribers and Donors $225+
- One person viewing the performance
- Two people viewing the performance
- Four or more people viewing the performance
- Average price you would have paid to see this live*
* “Rock Star” is, well, above and beyond! You’re a true believer, a superhero in our book.
Join the Email Club
First to know, great discounts, and early access.